St. Margarets GAA club was founded in 1908, and since then, has been an essential part of this North County Dublin village community. Over the years, St. Margarets has played its part in GAA history at both a club and inter-county level.
In 1983, we decided to relocate our grounds to their current location at Kilreesk and, following a major fundraising and relocation plan, we opened our new grounds in 1985.
Many St. Margaret’s players have represented Dublin over the years.
Tom Markey won an All-Ireland Junior Football Championship medal, Sean Skelly won a National League medal in 1952 and Mick Cronin won an All-Ireland Minor Football Championship medal in 1954.
Paddy Reilly and Mick Kennedy represented the Dublin senior team in more recent years.